Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sad irony.

This poem I wrote for our DPS publishing: BlueView, and to be released by next week.
Together with this, is the literary cartoon of Christa Gaudiel, our BV cartoonist. Look how nice it is!
Hope you get the message I'm trying to imply. :3

CAKEĆ¼

Amidst of the night,
A smoke from beneath
As light as his heart
Clouded the room
Tickled his nose
Concealed his fears
Lifted his soul

In his ears, small whisper
“Come with me.”
Rushed his blood
Alarmed his nerves
Knocked his tears
“What do you wish?”

Confusion and curiousity
What should I do?
I lie here weakly in my bed
And never noticed the words
“I want the cake,
Can you bake that for me?”

Heads in the room
No idea what the cake
He is dreaming of
And just the moment,
A scary “teeeeeeet”
And green vertical line
Run in the machine

From his body stepping
Into the stairs of His paradise
Sobs sorrowfully
And told his angel,
“That day I was wearing red…

…And people offered
Gifts of happiness,
I want that cake
For beyond its sweet icing fills,
Is the family I want-
Souls tied altogether.”

- David, Ariane Gale D.

No comments: