Monday, May 11, 2009

The Crunchy Road


Here is the historical background of what I wanted:
6 yrs old – I wanted to become a lawyer
7 yrs old – I wanted to become a journalist
10 yrs old – A newscaster/reporter
12 yrs old – An astronaut
13 yrs old – An astronaut/ journalist
14 yrs old – An astronaut/ photographer
15 yrs old – An English/Spanish/Japanese/French Translator, an astronaut, a lawyer
16 yrs old – I wanted to finish ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Sounds weird? :) All those signify how inconsistent I am in choosing my future career.
Every now and then, I dreamt of seeing the sun, the red spot of Jupiter and the colorful rings of the Saturn all by myself. But it all turned into an illusion when I learned that becoming an astronaut requires a Science course, American citizenship and airplane-flying experiences, which is, I think by now, is impossible.
So I scratched it from my goal list and concentrated more on which road sign will I choose. I thought of taking up Linguistics so I could learn the ever fabulous language of France. But fate keeps on intervening, so did the UPCAT result. Oh well, what did I expect? I didn’t pass. Exactly as I thought. :)
Cut it. I’m off it. Brainstormed again.
Before, I have this shameful incident in a public vehicle, when the driver returned my change from my 100 PHP bill and all I’m able to do is to stare at it. Instead of numerical figures, only black scenery of panic and worry popped in my mind. Is it add? No. Subtract? Yea? Idiot not! Ten? Six. One! Calculations. Argh! No! It’s getting in my nerves! This question bothered me all throughout the day and even until today, “Why is Math invented?”
Even if the president of the Philippines tells me to take up Engineering or Accountancy, I will tell her “Better kill me now. :)” I’m sorry, but that’s how doomed I am in Mathematics.
Since I stepped in high school, I am driven by my love in English subject. Although I’m not that good in oral, I could write poems, short stories, essays and news. Since I am a BlueView editor and I took Journalism as my Streams subject and Literature in the Senior-year, I humbly accepted the fact that, MAYBE, I belong in the field of Mass Communication.
I hope you’ve noticed the word MAYBE? Uh. It is because I once desired to carry the name, “Atty. Ariane Gale D. David.” I once dreamt of becoming a professional and all of its possible benefits, but the hindrances kept on crawling at the back of my mind. So as a result, I rather favored the advice of my parents, which is to take a four-year course first before wandering a ten-year course. =((
With my parents, I see no problem of them. Indeed, they keep on supporting me in which course to take. That’s why I’m so happy and blessed to have them!
And the last choice is, Journalism and/or/slash Psychology in UST. Haha! Maybe that is where I am really destined after letting great opportunities pass by.
And to end this, here is my solid decision in my future career. In this crunchy road, you don’t need to choose on which path to take, all you need is to offer your heart and soul to the Highest Power, and He will guide you along the way.

No comments: